The mission of Modeerf Holdings, LLC is to empower communities of color in their pursuit of careers and entrepreneurial opportunities in the field of transportation by providing quality educational resources.
About The Author
Ashley N. Baker is a licensed attorney in Pennsylvania. As a licensed truck driver since 2009, Ashley drove over-the-road (all 48 states), for some of the country's top national carriers. She has driven through nearly every part of the United States and has trained numerous drivers on the rules of the road.
She received her law degree from Southern University Law Center where she graduated cum laude. She studied Political Science and Philosophy at Georgia State University and Fort Valley State University.
In her spare time, she drafts social justice policies aimed to make the world a better place. She has drafted policies calling for an end to police brutality, for incarcerated persons to be given adequate amounts of hygiene products especially in the wake of COVID-19, for those convicted of crimes to have their right to vote restored even while in prison, for the right to vote of those held pre-trial to not be abridged, and for an elimination of forced and unpaid labor among the prison population.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- District of Columbia (Washington D.C.)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Master of International Transportation Management, State University of New York Maritime College
- Juris Doctor, Southern University Law Center (cum laude)
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Fort Valley State University
- Associate of Arts, Political Science, Georgia State University (honors)
- Associate of Arts, Philosophy, Georgia Perimeter College (honors)
- Chair-Elect, ABA TIPS Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee (2023 - 2024)
- Vice Chair, ABA TIPS Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee (2019 - 2023)
- Chair, ABA CRSJ Criminal Justice Committee (2019 - 2021)
- Senior Editor, Journal of Race, Gender, and Poverty (2018 - 2020)
- Editor-In-Chief, The Public Defender Newspaper (2019 - 2020)